Our path of quality and sustainability
Thanks to several grain and legume selection lines, the following are processed: soft and hard wheat, barley, oats, spelt spelt, ryegrass, chickpea, pea, field beans and soybeans.
Among cereals some varieties are exclusive for both production and distribution throughout the country, two some lines are dedicated and certified organic.
Chain Coop. Giulio Bellini
Over the years, the Coop. has been able to create a complete and integrated supply chain starting from agricultural production, to the processing of cereals and flours (Molino Sima) and gluten free flours (SimaBio), to complete with the seed business (Sementi di Romagna), the management and maintenance of urban green areas (Albaverde), and nurseries (Habitat).
Today the group knows how to present itself in international markets where it is appreciated and recognizable for the high quality of products all obtained with innovative technologies and organic farming and integrated production methods.
- enter into supply chain contracts with farms for the withdrawal of produce used in industrial processing
- process more than 80 percent of products on its own account, and only 20 percent on behalf of third parties
- integrate with Molino Sima, also part of the Coop's agribusiness supply chain. Giulio Bellini. Dedicated exclusively to the production of organic and gluten free flours, Molino Sima is able to process 250 tons of flour per day, and is the market leader in the supply of organic flour for the private label lines of the Italian mass retail
OrganicThe vocation and commitment to sustainability, environmental, economic and social, has driven Coop. Giulio Bellini, and therefore Sementi Romagna, towards organic farming.
An agrifood production method that in a holistic overall vision manages to guarantee and certify productions where the best agronomic practices interact, leading to the following results:
- preservation of the environment and natural resources
- wholesomeness of finished products
- use of natural products instead of synthetic chemicals
- strengthening of biodiversity and animal welfare
A holistic and sustainable vision and planning that matches the organization of the Coop supply chain. Giulio Bellini and Sementi Romagna.
The plant of over 12,000 square meters is equipped with both silos capable of storing up to 13,000 Tn of cereals and 7,000 of legumes, and 5 warehouses for storing various products (in kind or finished).New generation machines, such as the packaging line with an automatic weighing, packaging and palletizing system, enable the packaging of 12 Tn/h of product. Precision optical sorters enable quality products in tune with market requirements.